Posts Tagged ‘depression’

Mental Conditions and Social Security Disability

Friday, May 3rd, 2013

If you suffer from mental conditions such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar or schizophrenia it is better to treat with a specialist such as a psychiatrist, psychologist or mental health counselor rather than from a primary care physician (PCP). A specialists medical records, findings and opinions carry greater weight with the Social Security Administration when determining if you are disabled than those from non-specialists such as a PCP or family doctor.

By James W. Nuebel
Orlando Social Security Disability Attorney